Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Man Cave

Creating a man cave is an intricate process. I have seen other man caves that my mother would be proud of?... WTF!! A man cave is a place hopefully in a basement and possibly next to an oil tank so you can guard your precious black gold that keeps us all warm at night here in the Northeast.
A plentiful array of manly objects is an absolute must. I enjoy playing with the valve and valve guide from my 2005 Ducati Monster as an example. I had to have a little engine work done and some important parts were replaced so I kept a piece or two!

A sweet sound system is also definitely in order. This becomes a useful tool when you are trying to drown out the incessant squawking of your mate and the every present “honey do” lists that never end. One of the key requirements for a man cave is removal of all traces of estrogen including but not limited to kids toys, baby clothing and frilly objects such as curtains, shams, and useless kitchen appliances. My wife has a professional grade "juicer" that has been used maybe twice and I have been lugging this thing around for the last 13+ years of our marriage!

As winter approaches I will expand on this phenomena know as "The Feminizing of Men" as time permits...

1 comment:

Karenkool said...

Hey. I have a juicer too. I used to use it.

Nice basement.